Monday, March 29, 2010

Recovery stage : Physio and Boredome

I'm guessing u must had wonder, why am i still writing a blog? Well for a start i was kind of bored sitting around having nothing to do resting at home, today is the first day i started my physio, they scheduled me 10 sessions, which the first was done this morning,....is better than doing nothing at home without any net connections...and i can't do any physical workout without the doctor's permission,...ouch...sedentary again....

I took on walking as my daily routine exercise, yeah...it brought me to nearest mall, Wangsa Walk...bought myself a new story book, what else to u expect me to do...kan...well a good book will always works for me...apart from watching the every football matches on ESPN, Astrosupersport, etc...criticizing every player macam ler aku ni bagus  sgt...plus every korean soap drama that my mother loves so much since i hold the remote for the rest of the day...sedentary paradise i am in.....

Back to the physio, the session today started with some Q&A session with a trainee physio from some private nursing college....yadi yada yadi yada....then he made four marks at the painful parts around the knee, then he put on this suction cups with electrods in the middle injecting small direct current into the muscle...felt like somebody is massaging your leg without hands... then he moves on with an ultrasound...massaging at the painful points he just marked...some measurements were taken after the session .

Measurement of the degree of knee bend, taken on both knees, the right knee was at 130 degree and the left knee about 110 degree angle....not as much as the right though it should be the same, keep on exercising the leg....we moved on to the stationary bike, i did 15 minute and i did not felt any pain on the left knee..., mm maybe it does works...or else back to the surgery room i guess.....waaahhh...my therapist said that i could do stationary bike as my cardio but no running yet (stern voice) ....'

We (me and my therapist) had a chat on my conditions, that my ligament was torn and it was reconditioned therefore it is very hard, generation of the ligament would take at least 6 months, ouch...if its snaps..could more than that....ouch....better focus on getting better...now....but the eagerness in getting back into running still burns with myself...mmm need to find something to move this thought...a bike...mm looking very hard it right now...

That's it for now, thank your very much for the words of encouragement...and last but not least...

Happy Training To All

5 comments:

  1. You're doing good bro. We'll be waiting. Patience is a virtue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least u have all the times to read some books...
    I haven't got time to start reading some books i bought since last year, or was it since 2008?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your recovery process will be smooth. U will be back in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. rest well. we'll meet again in due time

    ReplyDelete

Scribble what u like here...