Monday, March 1, 2010

Sundown Marathon, State of preparations

13 weeks left before the event, i had not been banking any milage since my injuries in January, Shits...would it be enough to start training this April only if my knee is fully healed, hopefullly it will, for the past two days i had been power walking for 6 km around Lake Titiwangsa,

I can't help it ler, the Adrenalin is pushing me to take the road instead, well this time i pay extra attention to my pacing ,not to go into joging  pace and Alhamdulilah i did not felt any pain at the usual spot that is my left leg bicep tendon, what a relief there, well i'm not giving it any "go" signals for running however there are time when i felt some of the hip muscles pull on both sides, yikes...maybe its too early....hehe signed of relieved that now i can walk and power walk injury free, ...huhuh one step ahead..

But what worries me most is that 42 k i'll be doing in May, yikes...kalau x boleh lari ..aku power walk all the way jer lar....nampaknya...Kiasu ler i ni, nak masuk jugak...x nak lepaskan bib...

Sometimes i wished that i knew that this is coming but there is a quote i just read from  the book "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" , U dont know the peak till u reached the lower valley, part of learning to reach for something is to endured the downside of it,...

Happy Training to all of u

4 comments:

  1. You can walked the whole distance, Shaqi. Just experience Sundown. The medal and finisher's tee is so…worth it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy training to you too Shaq.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shaq,

    this is Lionel, who posted on http://pm1.blogspot.com looking for the energizer half marathon bib.

    I understand you're giving the bib away for free. Anyway, as a token of appreciation, I'll hand you RM20 for everything else except the vest.

    Please reply me via email: lionel87@gmail.com or call me at 012-3880719.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, is bib energizer night run still avaible???

    please email me @ dxdigital@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Scribble what u like here...