Friday, February 26, 2010

Ever had that feeling of disappointment after a big meal( expensive ones) = TGIF

Ye lar. My aunt had this craving before she goes to Makkah for her Umrah, Nak Makan Steak lar, mm thought of going to Pavilion where she can shoe shop , again!! while me eye washing ckit...got to burn some calories jugak though its my cardio break day, ahaa...well there are several choices to have it here....mm and i chosed TGIF...

My order was Sizzling Chicken and Cheese and my aunt was NewYork's Grill Steak, the waiter and the services were fine but the food aiyo kind of sucks, Tekak Melayu ke aku ni?...anyway i had my fine share of steak when i was an avid red meat eater, but this time it just sucks big time, we took well done, cause half done would be eating something goooey...but some people enjoy it cause it brought the sweetness of the beef, its not a sirloin, we did ask the waiter which is the best ones minus the one's with the Jack Daniels or else my aunt will be a bit coocoo afterwards...

The side dishes to the steak were stir fried broccoli with garlic mashed potato, its was too bare to be called an American portions, honestly the meat tasted like...plain grilled beef, lagi sedap daging bakar kelate hok buak..makang dengan nasi kerabu, sorri ler i slang ganu ckit...Honestly.. Chllies is far more better than TGIF, this is the second TGIF which is out of my list.....i tasted TGIF in PJ which is good , and the rest fare bad....

Next time i'm sticking to my fave place for my American portions, have not tasted Tony Roma's yet....

having said that, it brought memories when my father used to make this weekend dinner meals we called western weekend feast, where my father would bought lamb chops and beef chops from the local deli's, my father is the connoisseur of western cuisine , being born and raised in KL, he used to hang out at the fav western outlets here, last time it was called Colliseum, wow fantastic they said, it was the birth place of Chicken Chop,...back to my childhood memories, my father would marinates the chops at least a day earlier and asked me Julliene and shred the vege's for the coleslaw , we would have it after Maghrib, he grilled it in an open pan, together with gravy of the marinates, ..... lots of fun back then, now sume dah besar jadi maleh pulok...maybe one day i'll do it for them,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scribble what u like here...