Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Phobe to Run

The doctor had deliberated about my knee condition that i am fit again to run, wow, the strength training did paid off well, I was elated as ever hearing the doctor's diagnosis, smiling from ear to ear..looking at the field and the road, suddenly something struck in my mind.....

Though i had started jog extra mile but my speed and agility is not as before i was injured, i was reluctant to join any race though my condition fit me to be in that situation, i did wonder and ponder of what had happen to my passion in running, where it used to be ecstatic, mmm am i having a running phobia...!!!! cause i been avoiding to take part in any upcoming races even 5km race, it makes me terrified of what i would done to my knee...

Oh no...OMG...maybe the traumatic recovery had instilled the kind of mindset that competitive running will brought back to my knees again......i need to overcome this fear through improvising mental as well as my physical training before i'm fully confident again to be in competitive running...

Felt kind of left out here...everyone had broken their virginity in Marathon ..off course...maybe one day i will when the time is right....

Happy Training To All

6 comments:

  1. hey shaq, good to hv u back..

    Come join us the new batch of FMV, i'll be running the Full Marathon next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shaq... takr your time, post injury trauma is actually very real and you have control it instead of the other way round. get back your passion by doing light running of 5k 3-4 times per week for 2-3 weeks. then increase either the distance or frequency. im sure you know when to take it slower or faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im still a virgin. jom? next year? ample of time for training :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slowly bro. It is the fear thingy. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete

Scribble what u like here...