Monday, November 2, 2009

Genting Trailblazer 09 Post Run



yet another finisher medal for my trail running event...this time its Genting Trailblazer 2009, i was fortunate that i was given a chance to enter the race...being a rookie in this arena , i often waited for any offer to joint...Thanx Che for the offered...our team is called Grim Duo ( well we are seriously involved in the run)

Both of us did not had enough rest the day before, Che was even worse, he said that he had to take care of some big event..end up at the same venue as we ( bro Ian and me) are...being newbie to this event, i woke up quite early in the morning..kata nak meet up at Petronas Tmn Melati, but received message that Che is going straight to venue, so i chow dulu..leaving Abg Nik waiting for Abg Syah and Bro Ian...sekali pi sane semua org pun x de..i was the first person at the race venue...better early than late kan..dah ler i ni jenis kelam kabut..huhuhu

Arrived at genting at about 7.00 am..waited by the bench at the race venue ( padang nearby awana).. have a look at the obstacle..oisk leh thn jugak yer...I prepared earlier this time due to the limited time i had before the race..pack myself a lot of chocolate snacks (which end up being eaten at my hotel..huhuh) ,4 packs of ORS , analagesic cream and 2 packs of powergel...some preparation huh...iyelar being only weekend warrior ..u must able to know what your limits are..

got registered and meet up with Macam Bagus (Abg Syah , Bro Ian, Abg Nik [pelik 3 org lak ek...]) had quick and heavy breakfast depa ler...mine is McD's cheese burger while waiting for them at Petronas Tmn melati which i eventually left before meeting them up...,, Jitters started flow again in my veins..later calmed down by my fellow GD mate ,Che...

Before the race start we did some stretching, i followed my Cip ler...had some brief rounds of 5 minutes run around the venue..later meet up with Macam Bagusz (plural sbb ade 3 org hehe) the run started with the championship category then adventure, (nothing differ except the prize money, lebih itu jer) as usual my starting is not always the best..i guess it may be due to the irregular heart beat ..jitters ler...tur..

The route started with tarmac road around the golf course, the weather was misty, it was like running in the mist, with visibility up to 20m.. , another first time for me, wearing shorts pulak, per sejuk ler..and furthermore our breathing were also changed due to the density of the air at the altitude...me and che made an agreement that he will catch me up at the downhill (he knows better) , downhill never my fav running course,

me and Che were moving side by side till at the uphill slope when i move ahead..then we meet up again at the downhill (Che fav)..but guess what?..this time around i was ahead even at the downhill...sliding all the way..maybe due to the adrenaline rush kot...feeling intoxicated..kept on running till i left che quite far behind..Che was having difficulty running due to his about to torn shoes' sole, started to feel the muscle straining..locking and unlocking position on my left toe..i took my ORSs progressively along the run..resting while due to the traffic..hehe traffic jammed ler dlm hutan,,kuang kuang...finally i reached the final water checkpoint waited for Che met up with MB then a few minutes later Che arrived..i kept on running at very slow pace resting leg's muscles before it turn worst..i did not wore my heart rate monitor this time...

I can hear the music from the venue , we are getting closer to the finish line, waited yet again for Che ( he must had serious issues with his shoes ) , when we arrived at the starting point of the obstacle course i could see Che's shoes were almost torn..lar kesian pulak tgk.. It was my first obstacle run, i enjoyed every bit of the mud and sliding and finally i took Che's hand and pulling him toward the finish line..I was not being myself at that time...tingtong ckit...maybe due to the ORSses kot.. then came the very thing i feared in almost every trail run the cramps...i hate it so much,,what did do wrong this time around yer...berape byk ORS aku kene telan ek..to avoid the cramps ..but i was drinking quite alot this time around..and thanks to the ample drinking stations..

(one of the obstacles)

The cramps happened at the embarassing time ,at the shower room lak tur, luckily i still had my clothes on..or else masak ler aku jln tut...at first it was my left leg ok..dah bgn nak pakai kasut then the right leg..per...there i laid flat on the shower room..luckily Abg Nik and Che were around to hold my legs or else ill be screaming till top of my lung..itu ler...i should not had immersed my leg in the cold water (another 101 lesson in running) i had to walk limping all the way to the First Aid tent for additional aid..both my legs were on Ice nasib baik ade St John Ambulance's team, i was not all alone there , there were few racers that were in the same conditions as i am....to add to the misery state i'm in..i was shivering due to the coldness ..still managed to grab some foods and walked back to my car..there Che and the others had finished changing to their dry clothes..

(kaki oh kaki nape ler hang sakit yer..)

Final Verdict : Our time is 2 hours , placing 32, although it was not the best place but i had such blast of fun and thanx to those whom introduced me into trail running....ok Che we'll see what if u can catch me up at Salomon Kiara... ada berani

5 comments:

  1. Shaqi, u did very well. I think Daud didn't have enough rest the day before race, itu pasal dia punya enjin kaput sikit kot.
    If u r already training with HRM, i think u should be racing with it too as you will know whether u r pushing urself hard or not. Just my 2 cent.

    Anyway, it was a great event. And glad to be there as well.

    Well done n congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r one strong runner. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll take the challenge :P i know im better than U :P (camne anak buah blh kalahkan chip nih) sorry bout my shoes's issue, otherwise our timing would not be that bad. Btw, its 31st placing lah bro, and we arrive @ 1'55.. x sampai 2 hrs.. :)

    wahh.. didnt know taking too much ORS could make one ting-tong :P one packet is enuf la wey :P

    u are a strong-running-partner lah bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. che: see masih ting tong..hehe got all the numbers wrong again...hehe,

    Nik: yup, next run i need to monitor my HR..

    Bro Ian: moving towards that

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys did well! now the only way to go is up! Salomon mesti bergegar punye!

    ReplyDelete

Scribble what u like here...