Sunday, July 5, 2009

Larian Anti Dadah Antarabangsa- The Race Day


The race suppose to flag off at 7.15 am for my category A 18 years and above, well i woke quite late that morning, 6.00 am in the morning , took a quick trip to the shower room and perform my morning prayer then off to Putrajaya, in the midst stop jap kat Seri kembangan rest area, isk sakit perut seyyy, i arrived in Putrajaya via Maju Expressway in about 6.45 am, haiyo rush sane sini to pickup my bib and the T-Shirt, by the way a little info on the run kan it is 7.7 km run along persiaran kind of forgot but the same route as fro the Merdeka Parade (forgive me for the, lack of info) it started at the palace of justice ,around PICC(Putrajaya International Conevention Center) then back to he Palace of Justice building.... the crowd were mixes of young school kids, government officers, avid runners (can tell by the SCKLM09 t-shirt they wear) and Putrajaya folks. I met my fellow runner Cheramiche up to collect his racing's bib and t-shirt (alamak org Putrajaya pun lambt gak ke?)

Flag Off

I was quite unprepared for the race, from the late rise in the morning to the flag off, i was unaware that my race was about to start, when i reached the starting line after putting on my bib and throwing my t-shirt in the car, the crowd already gathered at the starting line, i guess it is my category by looking at their bib starting with alphabet "A" and of a sudden i heard the flag off shot, 10 second static shock hit me then off we go without stretching not even mentally prepared yet, ..i was caught off guard......

The run

Well here we goes again, well it is only 7.7 km, like SCKLM09 last week jer, ye lar tur...anyway that is my motivation scheme to carry on the race, the route was new to me , as a first timer to the route i felt awed by the buildings surrounding it, luckily the weather is quite mild coupled with a few cold morning breeze coming from the lake surrounding the route, Putrajaya weather is usually hot, anyway back to the run, i treated the run as like my weekend run at Lake Titiwangsa , hehhe kan berlagak lak, i did not see Cheramiche during the run, the route was made up mostly of flat tarmac but there are few lengths with mild slopes and 45 degrees especially around PICC.

When i reached PICC, i started to feel out of breath and my left shoe lace was loose, well i just kept on running without stopping, at last there is a water station on the way back to the finish line at the roadside on the bridge to PICC , well i finished the run but not proud of my time, i did not get any medals at all, so that means i was not on the less 75 persons crossing the finish line, geram tul lar....asyik x dpt jer kan ,,,anyway i enjoy the run....itu yang penting

dapat sijil jer...and towel gitus...anyway i enjoy the food gak, tuna sandwich and Ice lemon tea kotak jer...

My time , isk i pun tak tahu, cause i did not had any watch at the time, that will be my next target to have... a digital watch , with timer..mm nak beli Polar, but sengkek ler aku lepas tu kan...aiming at Timex...anyway Cheramiche was doing quite good katenyer,,,heheh anyway another fellow runners of mine Ladiefa was doing okay..dpt medal lagi tur...isk women category...kan

The winners mmm... i didn't stay back for the price giving ceremony...but i saw a few kenyan's runners resting nearby me after crossing the finish line...i guess u know who won right...

Anyway see u guys again in another race...Abg was hoping i joined the half marathon ..who knows i might change my mind by then....itu ler .....motivation gah kureng skrg ni...


see u when i see u lar kan,.....Congrats to all the finisher...to finish is to win

1 comment:

  1. good for u didnt wait for that lucky draw, total waste of time!

    best lah kalau dpt tau your own time :P trust me, thats how u could improve your run! otherwise, it might as well be a leisure run :P

    good luck for Seremban. im 'off' this week. See u @ Siemen!

    ReplyDelete

Scribble what u like here...