Monday, January 11, 2010

My very first LSD..:)

last weekend was nothing short of running ajer...did my first LSD, fuhh Long Slow Distance run, tapi rasnyer macam berlari bersungguh sungguh hehhe, anyway my pacing was all over the place, it could due to my thigh was aching from my Squash training on Friday, itu ler kind of bored...that evening lyn squash lar kejap...that night sakit sgt my left leg..mm dah ler esok LSD lak tur...itu ler bak kata Diket jadi Pelari Tegar ni susah nak tolak perlawaan heheh, i slept with some hope that my leg will be healed and the msucle will be able endured some LSD,

Alhamdulilah that Saturday, my leg seems to be in somewhere/how/what in good shape to run, i did not waste any time, took a quick shower then packed up my things then off to the Bukit Aman Carpark ( dlm hati dok kata dekat mane ler Carpark tu yer...???rupenyer yang depan Masjid tu rupenyer)..meet up with Bro Nik and i went stright to the Mosque for our fajr Prayer, over there we met Diket and friends..not forgetting Abg Shuk...i brought along my brand new water bottles filled with my brand new sports drinks..(beli pun sbb ade sale kat GNC hari tu...the salesgirls said to me everytime marathon mesti orang akkan cari ni) mm cube ler mane tahu leh dpt kose kude lebih...more horsepower (hp) ...sekali....

kene tinggal dar... before Daud decide to make a u turn after meeting Fong and Bacin , i was left behind quite a distance, i am no where near their pace since the start of the run, aiyo manyak kose kude ler depa ni, i guess i'm still rookie in this long distance run, i switched on my mental lamp "to finish is to win"...therefore i kept on my own sweet pace, i can't chat though no one to talk to anyway thus listening  to my trusted MP3 player switching songs that could motivate me to go on,...we made our route through bank negara-bukit tunku then to hartamas...Abg Syah said route ni kalau on Sunday penuh dengan runners doing LSD, ....ye lar rookies runner ler i ni kan ... we stopped for a while by Petronas hartamas for a quick refuelling then off to the road again..

On the way back to lake perdana. Actually i was in deep pain but i just could not stopped, i dont want to slow them down just because of me...i'm kept on drinking..managed to refill by bottle with Gatorade courtesy of Abg Shuk, there is enough energy and strength to keep on moving...i was left very far behind the pack, at a point i was about to quit judging by the state of pain i'm in, no sore no gain.....our last lap nearby Bukit Tunku i was accompanied by Abg Shuk, ade jugak member yang slow jugak or else i'll be left alone to finish the run, alamak macam tak biasa ler pulak...

overall the LSD was fun and enlighting, made me realise what state i'm in right now for the upcoming NB 30km..gulpppp...burnt : 1700 calories, timing 2 hr 22 min...distance entah ler can someone tell me???

 Next day...Sunday...Broga Hills .....

3 comments:

  1. Tu yg aku takut nak join LSD geng bas sekolah nie.....mmg confirm kene tinggal nun jauh kat belakang sampai hilang dari pandangan. Honestly i need to find other novice/slow runners like me to do my LSD in group..atleast I wont be feeling guilty slowing down the others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, u did great. Just watch those activities you do before & after LSDs. God speed, 30km is doable. Just get your pace & follow it. Anyway, our distance last Saturday was 20.13km from Mapmyrun. Good luck & see you this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shuk is NOT slow. dia tu purposely slow je. And dont worry about speed, just do your own thing.

    And treat LSD like its a race, ie rest before LSD and hydrate often.

    ReplyDelete

Scribble what u like here...