Sunday, January 31, 2010

Losing The Joy

Yesterday and today , i started of running, thought of doing 10k - 5 loops around Lake Titiwangsa, woke up early that morning ,did myself a mix of sport drink then another for my bekal during the run, i like to be hydrated during long distance continuous run, arrived at the parking spot at about 6.30am, quite a number of people were there, oh ade event kaki pancing , no wonder people were reeling  theirs rods around the lake, well i'm all charged up for my first run...got my shoes on and my MP3 player pumping,, pushing on the tarmac...

Wow...i can run again...the feeling was great and like flying without wings ler...but the dreadful things started inching up my knee, alamak..it happens when i reached the third round and was about to finish the 4th loops, i was clueless..i thought its over...that i could happily run again it really hit my confidence very hard...and the thought of able to run again really got flushed away from my mind at that moment, the minute the pain arises i noticed that my pacing were a out of place, suddenly im not in control of left leg, it had become stiffed, huhh??

The frustration is running very high, i almost could not believe it, when will it be cured, ....i felt so depressed, nape yer....may be it could be running has become very personal to me kot, well for a start its what brought joy back to my gloomy life and the profound happiness, I kept on saying to myself u will get back to it in time, well not so good timing ler..cause there are quite a number of run's next coming month,

The Doc said i could get back to running its nothing serious... but why it kept on coming back, mm misterious indeed, i'll be seeing the Doc back again for definite answer on Why? and When? and i dont know how much longer should be resting from running, i'm not saying competition wise but the routine long distance  road running,...

Therefore, i'm planning to rest for some months ( god knows how long ler to get it cure or i should be getting a surgery instead), i would have to let go of my bibs, though its hardest thing to do ( cause this is the thing i loves so much to do) but i guess i didn't make the cut ,there are others who fare better than me and we should give him a chance, i just have to console to my own world now ...i will informed from time to time  about the bibs i'm letting go, as far i had now are Men's open : PNM 20k, Energizer 20k and Adidas Sundown 42k,

There goes my dream of running my first marathon in May...dah dapat bayangkan my first marathon wahh bestnyer....tapi....apakan daya, there are no quick fix here...i wish there were..

Felt so sad here, sometimes losing is the way to go, can't believe it myself saying those words that i do not champion ....Kudos to me and to all the others whom supported me all the way, I'll be running in the shadow  now ..hopefully not for long..sob sob...

7 comments:

  1. Shaqi, dont let the injury get to you. It will heal, but u need to give it time OK. Maybe treat this as a preseason and do lots of cross training and added strength training. When your knee heal, you will still be fit (and lean) and then start to build on your endurance only.

    Race masih banyak lagi second half of the year and next year. The Sundown bib is worth a lot more now than when you bought them. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give yourself more time to rest. Someone I know made it a point to rest one month after his knee injury post his first marathon. After a month, he's back on his feet running as if nothing happened. Just give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ye la bro. Don't give up yet. I had a month break in the middle of SCKLM training last year due to hamstring pull. It was horrific but it did shove me back with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, injuries are always runners nightmare.. dun fight it, go along with it. running & injury is part of the cycle. if u cant run, its time u explore into swimming, cycling, weight training, yoga, pilate, rowing & alot more =) byk nyer ckp.. i pun slalu injured =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, i'm not quitting just because of this,

    i may have to stay away for awhile from running competition, i wish i could, I'll be focusing on the recovery which may cause my bibs in the process, hopefully the recovery would not took that long,

    tapi Adidas Sundown sayang pulak nak lepaskan..full house tu,,,siap ade waiting list ...anyway we'll see how quick my recovery is...

    Happy training to all of u and can't wait to start running again with all of u

    ReplyDelete
  6. cant wait to have u around as well. godspeed! insya allah, try la urut2 kampung, mane lah tau boleh membantu kan? just my suggestion, tak berani jgn cuba okeh?

    selain dari tu, how bout we go something light.. say bowling? hehe.. (bersawang dah bola bawah katil tuh)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shaq, u register for full for Sundown? I paid the prize for being lazy to register. By the time nak register, dah full for 1/2. Kalau ada dengar saper2 nak jual bib for 1/2, tolong inform ok. TQVM

    ReplyDelete

Scribble what u like here...